2014 Key Lime Sip & Stroll Results
Nearly 100 Sip and Strollers and some official culinary judges partook in the Key Lime Goodness that kicked off the Festival 2014.
Martini Cup Winners
1. Shelia from Hot Tin Roof - Key West- Chocolate Key Lime Martini
2. Jules from Agave 308 Tequila Bar - Crazy Key Lime Martini
3. Erin from Groove Lounge at The BottleCap- Key Lime Pie Martini
Margarita Cup Winners
1. April from Ocean Key Resort & Spa- Avacado & Cilantro Margarita
2. Tebo from Turtle Kraals Key West - Key Lime Margarita
3. Susette from Michaels Restaurant - Diablo Margarita
Peoples Choice Winners
1. Shelia from Hot Tin Roof - Chocolate Key Lime Martini
2. Jules from Agave- Crazy Key Lime Martini
3. Ak & Bill from Southernmost Beach Cafe Key Lime Colada
Martini & Margarita Championships - Competitors
Open to commercial establishments in Monroe County licensed to serve liquor to the public. Individuals and unlicensed establishments are not eligible.
Entrants must prepare a Key lime margarita or martini from their original recipe at one of four designated locations on July 3rd between 2pm and 5pm. During this time, entrants will be visited by 3 Official Judges and approximately 100 Sip & Stroll Judges. Each will be served a 4 to 6 ounce sample of your drink.
Entries will be be judged on: Appearance (25%) Aroma (25%) and Taste (50%) and The Key Lime Cup will be awarded to the establishment with the highest total score. Sip & Stroll Judging Totals account for 40% of the total score. Official Judges Totals account for 60% of the total score.
Entrants are asked to bring all materials, equipment and ingredients they require. The Key Lime Festival will provide martini glasses. Ice will be available at the designated locations.
Entry fee is $25 and limited to the first twenty establishments.
Sip & Stoll Judging Information
Bars to visit:
Green Parrot: 601 Whitehead Street 2:00p-3:00p
Kelly’s Caribbean: 301 Whitehead Street 2:30p-3:30p
Island Dogs: Front Street 3:00p-4:30p
The Other Side Caroline Street 4:00p-5:00p
Key Lime Festival volunteers will be on hand if you need them. Key Lime Festival shirts and cookbooks will be available at The Green Parrot. Feel free to e-mail us if you have any questions. Day of event, reach us by text @ (305) 923-7822 or (305) 619 2275
Love & Limes