Sip & Stroll Sign Up and Judging Information
The 2015 Sip & Stroll starts at 2pm on Friday, July 3rd at The Green Parrot Bar, 601 Whitehead Street. Check-in starts at 1pm. We’ll give you your souvenir sampling cup, wristband and scorecard and let the fun begin. 3-4 bartenders will be set up at each bar. Visit each, rate their drink, sip & stroll. Remember, there are 15 drinks to sample, so consider pacing yourself.
SOLD OUT !
1. Green Parrot: 601 Whitehead Street 2:00 - 2:45pm
2. Kelly's: 301 Whitehead Street 2:45 - 3:30pm
3. Smokin' Tuna: 4 Charles Street 3:30 - 4:15pm
4. Ricks: 202 Duval Street 4:15 - 5:00pm
5. The Other Side: 429 Caroline Street 5:00 - 6:00pm
Key Lime Festival volunteers will be on hand if you need them. Key Lime cookbooks will be available at The Green Parrot. Feel free to e-mail us if you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org. Day of event, reach us by text @ (305) 923-7822 or (305) 619-2275.
Love & Limes
Sip & Stroll Competitors
Open to commercial establishments in Monroe County licensed to serve liquor to the public. Individuals and unlicensed establishments are not eligible.
Entrants must prepare a Key lime margarita or martini from their original recipe at one of five designated locations on July 3rd between 2pm and 5pm. During this time, entrants will be visited by 3 official Judges and approximately 150 Sip & Stroll Judges. Each will be served about a 4 oz. sample of your drink.
Entries will be be judged on: Appearance (25%), Aroma (25%), and Taste (50%) and The Key Lime Cup will be awarded to the establishment with the highest total score. Sip & Stroll Judging Totals account for 40% of the total score. Official Judges Totals account for 60% of the total score.
Entrants are asked to bring all materials, equipment and ingredients they require. The Key Lime Festival will provide sampling glasses. Ice will be available at the designated locations.
Entry fee is $25 and limited to the first twenty establishments.
2014 Key Lime Sip & Stroll Results
Nearly 100 Sip and Strollers and some official culinary judges partook in the Key Lime Goodness that kicked off the 2014 Festival.
Martini Cup Winners
1. Shelia from Hot Tin Roof - Key West- Chocolate Key Lime Martini
2. Jules from Agave 308 Tequila Bar - Crazy Key Lime Martini
3. Erin from Groove Lounge at The BottleCap- Key Lime Pie Martini
Margarita Cup Winners
1. April from Ocean Key Resort & Spa- Avacado & Cilantro Margarita
2. Tebo from Turtle Kraals Key West - Key Lime Margarita
3. Susette from Michaels Restaurant - Diablo Margarita
Peoples Choice Winners
1. Shelia from Hot Tin Roof - Chocolate Key Lime Martini
2. Jules from Agave- Crazy Key Lime Martini
3. Ak & Bill from Southernmost Beach Cafe Key Lime Colada